"My grandma waved to some people and they did not wave back i am so so somad at them" - Dream Journal







Tuesday, March 8, 2011

And I'm Junice

                                    



      Last week, Ms. Serensky called Jimmy and I out in class, as she believed that we were the two people who had not contributed to our the discussion. Poor Jimmy, he was not even in our group. Unfortunately, I was indeed in the group. Of course, I did not have the word "time" in my paper, the word in which we were to relate to our work. I thought that this would work in my favor, as I believed that it meant that I could get away with not sharing the ideas in my paper with the class. I was delighted...until about 10 seconds later when Ms. Serensky called me out. Then, I was not delighted anymore. I would like to explain the hesitance I possessed towards sharing my paper. I made may references to Saturday Night Live's  Junice from "The Lawrence Welk Show" spoof. After sharing with a few classmates, I realized that none of them watched Junice on a regular basis. I am glad that they do not, because it only airs on Saturday Night Live once or twice a year, which means that they would have to go on nbc.com and watch the same six minute video over and over again (I certainly do not do this. I don't know all the words to all of the videos). That would concern me a bit, as Junice is not your average gal.  Many people tell me that we look alike because we both have big foreheads. It concerns me...greatly concerns me. Despite her weirdness, and occasional inappropriate innuendos, I am a fan of Junice. I am a member of a Junice fan club on Facebook. I invited many friends to join this fan club with me, but none of them did...

I feel you just can not start talking about Junice to a class full of people who do not know the likes of her. When my cousin first talked of "Junice" and her hilariousness, I thought that he was referring to someones grandmother, or some old lady that he knew. Therefore, to just ramble on about Junice in front of 20 people who probably do not even watch her, did not seem to be the most prudent thing. I try to uphold a reputation of being somewhat normal, so telling people about my plans to become "Junice's sister" on Saturday Night Live before the world came to an end seemed to be a bit problematic.

Here is a Junice video. Though you might think that you notice some striking similarities between the two of us, you really don't. Now, maybe, I can speak of Junice.


http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/the-lawrence-welk-show/727501/?__cid=thefilter

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, I am a huge fan of Saturday Night Live, so of course I am familiar with Junice. The funniest thing about her in my opinion is the fact that she has tiny little hands from a baby doll. Also, I always laugh when I watch the other three sisters sing goodbye and then when it's her turn, she sings/talks about how she found a dead cat and ate it with honey. I like Junice, but my favorite actor is definitely Andy Samberg. The songs that he makes with real rappers are hilarious (T-Pain, Rihanna, Akon). And lastly, I do not think that you compare to Junice at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud to say that I didn't have to watch the featured video to know what you were talking about. I do not frequently watch SNL, but I have visited hulu and watched the skits featuring Junice. I can truly see you as her sister, but definitely a more normal character. We actually frequently compare my sister, Lexi, to Junice, because of her tiny arms (we often make fun of Lexi because she has such small features. Maybe if you're her sister, Lexi can also be featured as her cousin? I know that would make for a hilarious skit. Also, for so long I thought her name was Denise. I guess I was wrong! And I really laugh hard when she tries to stick her little hands in the guy's mouth!

    ReplyDelete