"My grandma waved to some people and they did not wave back i am so so somad at them" - Dream Journal







Sunday, December 5, 2010

Another Definition of Insanity

Though our mid-week discussion of insanity is well over, I would like to present another definition of insanity. No, it is not from dictionary.com, the dictionary, or any other reliable source.

In-san-i-ty
[in- san-i-tee]
-noun, plural 

1. The Cavs- Heat Game Thursday night

         As I sat at the game, watching the Cavs slowly sink into a 40 point deficit, I also watched the craziest of fans emerge from the crowd and make themselves known. Many incidents took place at The Q that night, and I am not referring to the horrible game of every single Cavs player. I may lobby for a March 29th field trip to the Cavs- Heat game, as it could help us to better understand true insanity before our AP Exam in May. I would like to detail some of the events that took place, some literally right in front of my eyes, that led me to believe, 'this is insanity at its best.'
   
       With about 9:00 left in the third quarter, a man comes charging up from the floor boxes to section 100, my section. He points a finger at the man two seats down from me, signaling for him to come over. This man looked slightly deranged, with his eyes popping out of his head. 'Great, just feet away from  me a deranged man stands, trying to start a fight,' I thought. Yes, a fight did ensue. I crouched under my seat to seek safety. Eventually, security rushed the scene and broke up the fight.
   
       About ten minutes after coming out from under my seat, a burst of noise came from the neighboring section. I looked over, only to spot a man punching a security guard in the face. 'Great,' I thought. This fight lasted five whole minutes, as security guards attempted to tame the unruly fans. 'Time to go now...this is insane,' I thought.

       No, the insanity did not end after the two fights I witnessed. And who knows, more fights probably ensued on the other end of the arena. Suddenly, commotion starts behind me. I fear to twist my head around, but I do. Yes indeed, there is a man standing on the ledge of the upper level section above my own waving around a Miami Heat jersey. Fans throw beer cups, shoes, and game towels at him. All of which landed a few rows behind me. 'Time to get out of here,' I thought. Needless to say, we left after that spectacle.

    If that is not insanity, I do not know what is. Maybe I should not lobby for a field trip after divulging the preceding personal accounts. Though I feared my safety many times during the game, I am glad that I attended. Along with booing LeBron, I found another real world connection to English class. I will most likely watch the next game in the comfort of my own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment